- Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) Contract Opportunity Forums Jan-Feb 2015
- Governor Jay Inslee announced today that he is appointing Raquel Montoya-Lewis Monday to a new seat on the Whatcom County Superior Court - Dec. 15th News Release
November is National Native American Heritage Month
- Governor Jay Inslee's Proclamation on Native American Heritage Month and Annual Native American Heritage Day - Governor Inslee's Proclamation
Please visit our calendar for a listing of Native American Heritage Month Events
- President Barack Obama's Proclamation on National Native American Heritage Month 2014 - Presidential Proclamation
- Statement from Governor Jay Inslee about shooting at Marysville-Pilchuck High School - October 24, 2014 News Release
- 2014 Centennial Accord Agency Highlights
- Learn how Tribal Government Investments are Benefiting Everyone in Washington
State Agency Updates
We are happy to announce the Washington State Tribal Directory is now available online.
To be added to the directory or to update your information, contact us.
The Northwest Indian College, the Evergreen State College, Grays Harbor College, Antioch University-Seattle, and Muckleshoot Tribal College have collaborated on a report detailing how Native Americans are experiencing higher education in the State of Washington.
- Pathways for Native American Students: A Report on Colleges and Universities in Washington State (PDF)
American Indian Endowed Scholarship (AIES) Program The Washington Student Achievement Council (formerly the Higher Education Coordinating Board) is accepting applications for the 2014-2015 American Indian Endowed Scholarship (AIES) awards. Applications must be postmarked by February 1, 2014. For eligibility requirements and application, please visit www.wsac.wa.gov/PayingForCollege/StateAid/AmericanIndian.
Indian Health Service (IHS) Scholarship
The scholarship application is available now and will close on March 28, 2014.
Application is available at : www.scholarship.ihs.gov
*First time users will create a user name and password. Returning users may sign in with established information.
Visit www.ihs.gov/scholarship, for information about eligible degree programs.
College Bound Scholarship Program offers the promise of tuition and books to qualifying 7th and 8th graders in Washington State. This scholarship covers the amount of tuition (at public institution rates) not covered by other state financial aid and a small book allowance for income-eligible students who sign up in the 7th or 8th grade, work hard in school, stay out of legal trouble, and successfully apply to a higher education institution when they graduate. The deadline for all applicants is by June 30 at the end of their 8th grade year. For more information, please call 1-888-535-0747 or visit the Washington College Bound Scholarship website.