Learn how Tribal Government Investments are Benefiting Everyone in Washington
Monday, April 16, 2018 - 12:00am
This WASHINGTON TRIBES website shares information about how Washington state's 29 tribes are helping to build a better future for everyone.
- Washington state is home to 29 federally-recognized Indian tribes. Tribal governments are improving people’s lives, Indian and non-Indian alike, in communities from Neah Bay to Usk.
- Learn more by viewing the 2017 Washington Indian Tribes Today newspaper insert or to view last years.
- Revenue from gaming and other tribal enterprises is tax revenue for tribal governments. The money is used to create jobs and business opportunities for all Washingtonians. It helps pay for housing, health care, public safety, environmental/natural resource programs and transportation.
- As tribal gaming money flows through the Washington economy, it generates hundreds of millions of dollars in tax revenues for local and state government.
- Tribal governments and their enterprises are a major factor in Washington’s economy today – generating more than 30,000 jobs and investing billions of dollars in goods and services, and on capital projects.